To each their own shape ! (Grade 7, 8 and 9 students)
Information on the learning workshop
- Target audience : Grade 7, 8 and 9 students
- Suggested Subjects : Science and Technnology, Ethics and Religious Culture and Physical Education and Health
- Educational goal : Promote the acceptance of body changes that occur in adolescence and recognize the many different body shapes that exist in the population.
Specific objectives :
- Identify normal physiological changes that occur in puberty;
- Name the factors that influence a person's weight;
- Recognize that there naturally exists a wide variety of shapes.
- Estimated duration : 60 min
This learning workshop includes a facilitator's guide and a PowerPoint presentation.
For further information
To find out others learning workshops of the Healthy Mind, Healthy Body program, click here.
This workshop is part of the Healthy Mind, Healthy Body program (HMHB). This program aims to promote positive body image and healthy attitudes and habits among youths with respect to their body, food and physical activity. The program, which targets not only youths, but also their parents and the adults in their lives, is disseminated in schools (primary school and high school levels) as well as in community settings. According to a study conducted by the Institut national de santé publique du Québec, the HMHB program is one of the best practices in regard to health promotion and prevention in schools. The program distinguishes itself by the fact that it is consistent with the École en santé approach as well as many aspects of the Education Reform.